Friday, August 24, 2007

Look like the tin can that swallowed the kitchen

I've become obsessed by a name.

A statement of that sort sounds like the cutesy ramblings of a junior high attendee, I know. You may think I'm of low mind. Maybe I've turned. I'm afraid the monomania this name has induced may be irreversible.

The name is Wee-Bey.

It's from a show called "The Wire."

I think it's the greatest nickname ever. If there was a contest, people would stop when a fellow called out these two syllables. He would be raised upon shoulders and gallantly toasted while a jealous rival cringed in a corner, staring at a piece of paper with the smudged word "Totem."

"Totem" is a good effort, rival monikerian, but it's no Wee-Bey.

Wee-Bey.

He's a drug dealer on the show.

They call him 'Bey sometimes.

Yo Bey.

Wee-Bey.

No comments: